Sunday, February 27, 2011

Quick and Easy Rice Pudding

I tried thinking of some of the ingredients that we had in the cupboard to see what I could make and all I saw was some rice, raisins and Cinnamon. MMMMM...Tasty... So I had tried to make rice pudding in the past and every attempt was a joke. I knew there was some way out there to make a easy recipe of rice pudding and there was.

I love the google search bar when I am in need of a recipe. I just type in what I want and a million "Quick and Easy Rice Pudding" recipes pop up. First one I saw with the ingredients I had I printed it and started cooking.

Autumn enjoyed a couple bites of the pudding and decided that she had enough and wanted to go have some milk with Dad so I was ok with it. And I then finished her bowl I was feeding her.

Here is the recipe from cooks recipes.com

Quick and Easy Rice Pudding3 cups cooked rice
3 cups 2% milk..(I used 1% and turned out fine)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine rice, milk, sugar, salt and butter in saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thickened, 25 to 30 minutes, stirring often. Add vanilla. Pour into serving dishes. Serve warm or cold.
Makes 6 servings.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: